- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound linguine
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for pasta
- 1/2 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head cabbage, cored and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 small leek, trimmed, cleaned, and thinly sliced, white and light green parts only
- 2 ears corn, kernels removed
- 3 ribs kale, leaves only, washed well and thinly sliced
- Pinch crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 head garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, plus leaves for garnish
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Generously salt water and return to a boil. Add linguine and cook, according to package directions, until al dente.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cabbage. Cook, stirring, until onion is soft and cabbage is wilted, about 2 minutes. Add leek, corn, and kale. Cook, stirring, until leeks are soft and kale is wilted, 2 minutes more. Season with crushed-red pepper flakes.
Add garlic, basil, and cherry tomatoes. Cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant and tomatoes begin to release their juices, about 5 minutes.
Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Transfer pasta to skillet along with cooking liquid and toss to combine. Serve immediately with grated cheese and garnish with basil.