Sweet berries get the savory treatment with the addition of shallots, vinegar, and parsley. Spoon the relish over roasted chicken breasts or over grilled chicken or pork.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2011
- 2 tablespoons very thinly sliced shallot
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 cup huckleberries or blueberries (5 ounces)
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine shallot and vinegar in a large bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes. Add huckleberries, parsley, and oil, crushing some of the berries to release their juice. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.