- Yield: Makes about 8 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2000
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread shredded coconut onto a baking pan and bake until toasted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees. Line two baking pans with Silpats (French nonstick baking mats); set aside. In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, canola oil, and honey. Stir together until well combined. Spread mixture onto prepared baking sheets; bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Break up cooled granola; sprinkle with raisins and toasted coconut. Stir to combine. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.