Mexican Creamed Corn
Jalapeno and cilantro make this south-of-the-border side perfect for backyard cookouts. Low-fat yogurt is a healthy way to add tang and creaminess.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 ears corn, kernels and pulp scraped
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium and cook jalapeno and shallot, stirring, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add corn kernels and pulp and 1 cup water. Cook, stirring, until corn is tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
Remove from heat, stir in yogurt, and season with salt and pepper. Top with feta and cilantro.
SourceWhole Living, September 2011