Homemade Turkey Noodle Soup
This comforting soup, made with homemade turkey stock, is perfect for warming up on a chilly night.
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, November 2009
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 celery stalks, diced medium
- 3 carrots, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1 medium white onion, diced medium
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 cups Easy Turkey Stock
- 2 cups wide egg noodles
- 1 sprig rosemary, about 2 inches long
- 3/4 pound shredded cooked turkey
In a 6-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-high. Add celery, carrots, onion, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook until onion softens, about 3 minutes.
Add stock and bring to a rapid simmer. Add noodles, rosemary, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and simmer until noodles are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Add turkey and heat through.