Brown Rice, Chicken, and Cilantro Salad
The familiar combination of chicken and rice takes a delicious detour with the addition of Asian flavors.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
- Yield: Makes 5 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, September 2011
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast half (about 9 ounces), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, tossed with 2 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar while warm
- 2 cups shredded bok choy or cabbage
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Combine water and soy sauce in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook, covered, for 4 minutes. Stir in sesame oil. Let cool.
Combine rice, bok choy, cilantro, and sesame seeds in a bowl; toss in chicken with juices. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with lime wedges.