Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, November 2007
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Gala apple, quartered lengthwise and crosswise
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Spread pine nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast until golden, 8 to 10 minutes; let cool.
Meanwhile, prepare a large bowl of ice water; place a colander inside bowl. Line a baking sheet with a double layer of paper towels. Cook brussels sprouts in boiling water until bright green and tender, about 1 minute. With a wire skimmer or slotted spoon, transfer to colander to stop cooking. Cool completely in ice bath, then transfer to lined baking sheet to drain; pat dry.
In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil. Add apple, brussels sprouts, and toasted pine nuts; season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.