Arugula and Endive Salad with Oranges
This salad combines bitter and spicy lettuces with the sweetness of winter oranges and the tart flavor of red-wine vinegar.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, November 2004
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds (3 to 4 bunches) arugula, washed well
- 1 pound (4 to 6 heads) Belgian endive, sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 2 navel oranges, peeled, quartered, and sliced
In a small bowl or jar, whisk or shake orange juice, vinegar, mustard, and oil until thickened and combined; season with salt and pepper. (Dressing can be made ahead and refrigerated, covered, until ready to serve.)
In a large bowl, combine arugula, endive, and oranges; toss with dressing. Serve immediately.