Tools and Materials
- Wing templates
- Three 18-by-18-inch squares wool felt, in Black (#40), by Wollfilz; purlsoho.com
- Sewing machine and sewing supplies
- Fabric harness, in Brown, by Martha Stewart Pets; petsmart.com
- Fabric glue
Bat Wings Harness How-To
- Print wing templates. Cut out 3 layers from felt. Layer together, and sew around the edges to create a 3-ply piece. Stitch lines, as shown on template, for "veins" in the wings.
- Cut a 1 1/4-by-5-inch rectangle of felt. Place it over the middle of the wings, wrap it around your pet's harness to secure, and glue the ends together.