NO SUBSCRIPTION OR PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR TO RECEIVE A PRIZE.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
These Official Rules apply for the MSLO ADVISORY BOARD SWEEPSTAKES promotion ("Sweepstakes") conducted by Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc., 601 West 26th Street, New York, NY 10001 ("Sponsor") which will be promoted only via email ("Sweepstakes Email"). The Sweepstakes will start at 12:00 AM Eastern Daylight Savings Time ("EDT") on September 1, 2011 and will end at 11:59:59 PM EDT on February 29, 2012 ("Promotion Period"). By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to the Terms in these Official Rules.
1. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANTS AND PRIZE RECIPIENTS MUST BE (I) LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ONE (1) OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, (II) AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER; AND (III) A MEMBER OF MSLO ADVISORY BOARD PANEL AT THE TIME OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. SWEEPSTAKES SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Employees, Officers, Directors or Agents of Sponsor and all prize suppliers, distributors and advertising/promotion agencies and/or judging agencies and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, (collectively, the "Released Entities") and their immediate family members (mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and spouse, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household of any such individual, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win.
2. TO ENTER: Via the Internet ("Online Entries"): 1) Electronically follow the instructions found in the Sweepstakes Email you receive as directed by sending an e-mail message containing your complete name, date of birth, address including zip code, daytime and evening telephone numbers including area codes in the body of the e-mail and the words "MSLO Advisory Board Sweepstakes" in the subject line to MSLOAdvisoryBoard@marthastewart.com; and 2) receive an e-mail message from MSLOAdvisoryBoard@marthastewart.comconfirming you have been selected to join the MSLO Advisory Board Panel and inviting you to participate in one (1) survey during the Promotion Period (hereinafter, individually as "Entry" or collectively as "Entries"). Your entry constitutes your consent to participate in this Sweepstakes and your consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver your name, address and other information to a prize supplier(s) designated by Sponsor for the purpose of fulfilling your prize if you are deemed a prize winner and for other uses by Sponsor as permitted by applicable law. Entries are the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misaddressed, or otherwise misdirected Entries that are processed late or incorrectly or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or other error.
3. WINNER SELECTION/MONTHLY RANDOM DRAWINGS: Potential prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all Entries received during each Entry Period, as defined below, for a total of eighty (60) prize winners:
Random Drawing Date
Number of Winners Selected
Entries received between 12:00 AM EDT on September 1, 2011 and 11:59:59 PM EDT on September 30, 2011
October 7, 2011
Entries received between 12:00 AM EDT on October 1 , 2011 and 11:59:59 PM EDT on October 31, 2011
November 8, 2011
Entries received between 12:00 AM EDT onNovember 1, 2011 and 11:59:59 PM EDT on November 30, 2011
December 5, 2011
Entries received between 12:00 AM EDT on December 1, 2011 and 11:59:59 PM EDT on December 31, 2011
January 8, 2012
Entries received between 12:00 AM EDT on January 1, 2012 and 11:59:59 PM EDT on January 31, 2012
February 7, 2012
Entries received between 12:00 AM EDT on February 1, 2012 and 11:59:59 PM EDT on February 29, 2012
March 7, 2012
Random drawings will be conducted by an independent judging organization whose decisions on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes are final and binding in all respects pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of Entries received. Entries not selected in previous random drawings will not be eligible for subsequent random drawings. Potential prize winners will be notified by e-mail on random drawing dates defined above. If a potential prize winner notification or a prize is returned as undeliverable, a potential prize winner is ineligible, or a potential prize winner declines a prize, the prize will be awarded to an alternate prize winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries.
4. SIXTY (60) PRIZES:Each prize will consist of MARTHA STEWART TMmerchandise to be designated by Sponsor. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of each prize is $25. The total ARV of all prizes is $1,500. Prize Winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prizes. No cash substitution, assignment, or transfer of any prize permitted. In the event a prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The ARV of prizes set forth above represents Sponsor's good faith determination of the actual fair market value and, as ultimately determined by Sponsor, is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated ARV is more than the actual fair market value, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. Limit one (1) prize per household.
5. CLAIMING PRIZES/RELEASES: Potential prize winners will be required to execute and return a Prize Winner Verification Form and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) to Sponsor within fourteen (14) days of notification. If a potential prize winner fails to comply with the Official Rules and/or to submit required documentation within the designated period, the potential prize winner will be disqualified and the prize will be awarded to an alternate prize winner in a random drawing from among all remaining Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls or e-mails made to entrants not by the Sponsor.
6. INTERNET: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCOMPATIBILITY OF ENTRANT'S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY WITH SPONSOR'S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR/PRIZE PROVIDER RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHERREMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a prize winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the e-mail address at time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person 18 years of age or older who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor, may ask any entrant or potential prize winner to provide Sponsor, with proof that such party is the authorized account holder of the e-mail account associated with the entry.
7. GENERAL: By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant and prize winner: (1) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules; (2) agrees to release Sponsor and the Released Entities from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death arising out of participating in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery; (3) consent to the use of his/her name, voice, picture, and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation unless prohibited by law, and (4) acknowledge that Sponsor and the Released Entities have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor may discontinue this Sweepstakes at any time. Sponsor may terminate any Sweepstakes or decide to modify it in any manner that it deems fair and equitable to participants if it becomes aware of any occurrence that would materially affect the Sweepstakes' security and fairness. Sponsor may prohibit individuals from participating in Sweepstakes and disqualify entries if they (1) attempt to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than as described in these Official Rules, (2) attempt to disrupt the Sweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules in any way or (3) repeatedly show a disregard for the Sweepstakes Official Rules or act (a) in an unsportsmanlike manner, or (b) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor. Sponsor's decisions with respect to the Sweepstakes are final.
8. LIABILITY & RELEASE: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant and prize winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and the Released Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize hereunder, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or death to a person(s) or damage to property which may be result, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or entrants receipt, acceptance, use &/or enjoyment of any prize. In no event shall Sponsor or the Released Entities be liable for attorney's fees. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Sponsor and the Released Entities reserve the right to correct typographic, clerical or printing errors in any Sweepstakes materials. Sponsor and the Released Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this Sweepstakes, the administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prize winner(s), including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor or the Released Entities are prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, provincial or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor's or the Released Entities' control (each a "Force Majeure" event), the Sponsor and the Released Entities shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor or the Released Entities, in their discretion, elect to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor and the Released Entities reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the prizes from among all valid and eligible Entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
10. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a list of prize winners, available after March 31, 2012, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to be received by May 15, 2012 to: MSLO Advisory Board Sweepstakes, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc., Attn: Chris Bruderle, 601 West 26th Street, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10001. Please specify "Official Rules" or "Winners List" on the outer mailing envelope. VT residents need not include return postage for Official Rules Requests.
HAVE A QUESTION?Write to us at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc., Attn: Consumer Marketing, 601 West 26th Street, New York, NY 10001.
NATURE OF SPONSOR'S BUSINESS: Media and Merchandising.
(c) 2011 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. All rights reserved.