Green Beans with Lime and Mint
This tangy, refreshing take on a basic side dish of green beans goes well with blackened chicken, halibut, or lamb chops.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2011
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook beans until crisp-tender, 3 minutes. Drain; rinse under cold water. Transfer to a medium bowl and toss with olive oil and mint. Season to taste with lime juice, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately.