Serve this sangria with our Sour Cream-Chive Dip for a perfect party pair.
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2011
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 rhubarb stalks, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 orange)
- 1 orange, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 4 cups (32 ounces) chilled seltzer
- 1 bottle (750 ml) chilled sparkling wine, such as Champagne or Prosecco
In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil, add rhubarb. Transfer mixture to a medium heatproof bowl and let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a pitcher or large bowl, combine orange juice, orange, and strawberries. To serve, add cooled rhubarb mixture, seltzer, sparkling wine, and ice.