Stuffed Zucchini with Tomatoes and Mozzarella
Serve these zucchini boats with garlic-marinated chicken or spicy sausage for an Italian-inspired meal.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2011
- Olive oil, for brushing baking sheet
- 2 medium zucchini
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved, seeded, and diced small
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon white vinegar
- 5 ounces fresh mozzarella, torn into 1-inch pieces
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil. Halve zucchini lengthwise and scrape out seeds. Place, cut side up, on sheet and season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, oregano, and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Top zucchini with tomato mixture. Bake until zucchini is tender, about 20 minutes.
Heat broiler, with rack in top position. Top zucchini with mozzarella. Broil until cheese is brown and bubbling, 1 to 2 minutes; serve immediately.