Give this sangria time to sit -- the longer the fruits and wine get to know each other the better.
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2011
- 1 orange, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 lime, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 bottle (750 ml) dry red wine, such as Rioja or Cabernet Sauvignon
- 4 cups (32 ounces) chilled lemon-lime soda
In a pitcher or large bowl, combine orange, lime, apple, grapes, brandy, and red wine. Stir to combine and refrigerate 1 hour (or overnight). To serve, add soda and ice.