This tasty tomato and feta appetizer comes to us from Rosemary Salmon of Deptford, New Jersey.
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2011
- 4 cups grape tomatoes (from 2 pints), halved
- 6 ounces feta, crumbled (1 1/2 cups)
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, combine tomatoes, 3/4 cup feta, 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, and sugar. Season with ground pepper. On a rimmed baking sheet, arrange baguette slices in a single layer; brush with 2 tablespoons oil. Place bread on top rack and tomato mixture on bottom rack. Cook until bread is toasted and tomatoes have softened, 10 to 12 minutes. Top bread with tomato mixture, 3/4 cup feta, and basil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper.