Salmon Burger with Baby Spinach
- 2 hamburger buns
- 1 can (7.5 ounces) salmon, drained and flaked
- 1/2 celery stalk, finely chopped (2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped (1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, plus more for serving
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Baby spinach, for serving
In a food processor, pulse 1 bun until fine crumbs form (you should have about 1/4 cup). Transfer breadcrumbs to a large bowl and add salmon, celery, shallot, and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper; mix well to combine. Form into a 3/4-inch-thick patty, transfer to a plate, and refrigerate 10 minutes.
In a medium nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium. Add patty and cook, flipping once, until browned and heated through, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, split and toast remaining bun. Serve burger on bun with mayonnaise and spinach.
SourceEveryday Food, July/August 2011