Emeril's Beef and Vegetable Kebabs
Many hands make light work of preparing dinner. And you will be amazed at how fast it disappears! "These colorful kebabs aren't your average kid's meal -- they're a great way to get veggies on the plate in a fun and creative way. Grill 'em up in about 10 minutes, then serve with a spinach salad, couscous, or quinoa to create a well-rounded meal in no time."
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2011
- 1 pound beef sirloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 red or orange bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 zucchini or yellow squash, cut into 3/4-inch rounds
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- Vegetable oil, for grill
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a medium bowl, combine beef, 1/4 cup olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and rosemary; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours (or up to overnight). Let beef sit at room temperature, 30 minutes.
Heat a grill or grill pan over high. In a medium bowl, combine bell peppers, zucchini, tomatoes, and 2 tablespoons olive oil; toss to coat and season with salt and pepper.
Season beef with salt and pepper. Alternately thread beef, bell peppers, zucchini, and tomatoes onto eight 8-inch skewers. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Grill kebabs, turning occasionally, until beef is medium-rare and vegetables are tender, about 12 minutes.