Chicken Succotash with Avocado and Farmer Cheese
Put a store-bought rotisserie chicken to good use and add it to this summery salad that comes together quickly.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2011
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 small zucchini, diced medium
- 2 cups corn kernels (from 3 ears)
- 2 cups frozen lima beans (from a 10-ounce package), thawed
- 1 rotisserie chicken (skin removed), meat shredded (4 cups)
- 1 avocado, halved pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 3 ounces farmer cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
In a large bowl, toss together tomatoes and 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened slightly, 4 minutes. Add corn and lima beans and cook until corn is cooked through and lima beans are softened, 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken and cook until warmed through, 2 minutes. Divide among 4 plates. Top with avocado and cheese and serve with tomatoes.