Grilled Fish with Spicy Cantaloupe-Cucumber Salad
This exotic-sounding dish only takes 30 minutes to prepare. Jalapeno gives spice to the salad.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2011
- Vegetable oil, for grill and brushing
- 4 skin-on, firm white-fleshed fish fillets, such as striped bass or mahimahi (1 1/4 pounds total)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 English cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, flesh thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 small red or green jalapeno, halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup torn fresh mint leaves
Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Pat fish dry with paper towels, lightly brush with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill, skin side up, until opaque throughout, about 10 minutes, flipping once.
In a large bowl, combine cucumber, cantaloupe, fish sauce, lime juice, jalapeno, ginger, and mint. Transfer fish to plates and serve with salad.