Halibut with Tomatoes and Fennel
This flavorful fish diet takes only 25 minutes to get to the table. Make extra couscous to have for later in the week.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2011
- 2 cups couscous
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced lengthwise, plus fronds (optional) for serving
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 large tomatoes, diced large
- 1 1/2 pounds halibut, skin removed, cut into 8 small fillets
Cook couscous according to package instructions.
In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, heat oil over medium. Add fennel and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, 4 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring frequently, until they begin to soften and release their juices, 3 to 4 minutes. Nestle halibut in tomato mixture and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until fillets are opaque throughout, 8 minutes.
Fluff couscous with a fork. Reserve 2 1/4 cups for another meal. To serve, divide remaining couscous and halibut-tomato mixture among 4 shallow bowls and sprinkle with fennel fronds, if desired.