Cantaloupe and Mozzarella with Prosciutto and Basil
Enjoy with crusty bread for a no-cook dinner, or serve this sweet-meets-savory salad as an antipasti platter at a party.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2011
- 1 cantaloupe, halved and seeded
- 3/4 pound bocconcini (bite-size fresh mozzarella balls)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
With a large melon baller, scoop melon flesh into a large bowl (or cut into bite-size pieces). Add bocconcini, oil, and red-pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Arrange prosciutto along edges of a large serving platter. Stir basil into melon mixture, transfer to center of platter, and serve.