Under 30 Minutes
Creamy Macaroni Salad
This version has almost no mayonnaise, but you'd never know it.
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, whites roughly chopped, yolks left whole
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 radishes, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill pickle
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and return to pot. In a small bowl, finely mash 1 egg yolk with a fork (reserve remaining yolk for another use). Add yogurt, mayonnaise, and lemon juice; stir until smooth. Add to pasta, then stir in egg whites, radishes, celery, and pickle. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chives just before serving.