Pasta Shells with No-Cook Tomato Sauce
Tossing the tomatoes and peppers with vinegar and salt helps release their juices and infuses them with lots of bright flavor.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2011
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes (4 cups), any color, halved or quartered if large
- 2 small red, yellow, or orange bell peppers, diced medium
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound medium pasta shells
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn if large
- 1/2 cup ricotta, for serving
In a large bowl, toss together tomatoes, bell peppers, oil, vinegar, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature, 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and add pasta to sauce, tossing to combine. Add basil and toss. Divide pasta among four bowls and top each with ricotta.