Asian-Style Grilled Beef Salad
Use leftovers from our Spiced Steak Kebabs to make this Thai-inspired salad.
- Servings: 4
Photography: John Kernick
Source: Everyday Food, September 2011
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Thai chile, thinly sliced
- 4 reserved Spiced Steak Kebabs
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped
In a small bowl, combine vegetable oil, lime juice, fish sauce, and chile.
Remove beef and vegetables from kebabs. Halve beef pieces and mushrooms and add beef and vegetables to a large bowl with lettuce, mint leaves, and scallions. Add dressing and toss to coat. Top with peanuts and serve.