Lentil Salad with Grapes and Feta
Reader Julie Sun from New York City takes lentils beyond the soup bowl with this healthy dish, which is perfect to pack for lunch.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup French or brown lentils
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 ounces feta, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add lentils, reduce to a simmer, and cover; cook until lentils are tender, about 30 minutes. Drain and rinse under cool water. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together red-wine vinegar, lemon juice, and honey. Whisk in olive oil. Stir in lentils, walnuts, grapes, celery, and thyme. Add feta. Season to taste with salt and pepper.