Shrimp Rolls with Smoked Paprika Remoulade
Sweet, small rock shrimp shine in this classic New England sandwich.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Photography: John Kernick
Source: Everyday Food, September 2011
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds rock shrimp, or other small shrimp, peeled, deveined, and patted dry
- 12 butter lettuce leaves
- 6 hot dog buns
- Sliced red onion, for serving
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons paprika, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and mix to combine. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper and 1 teaspoon paprika, and cook, stirring frequently, until opaque throughout, 5 minutes. Place 2 lettuce leaves in each bun. Top with shrimp, mayonnaise mixture, and onion.