Chicken with Spanish Spice Paste
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, September 2011
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 whole chicken (3 1/2 to 4 pounds), rinsed, patted dry, and cut into 8 pieces
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Sprinkle 3/4 teaspoon salt over garlic and roughly chop. Using the flat side of knife blade, crush mixture until a thick paste forms. Add to a large bowl, along with 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper, paprika, coriander, vinegar, and oil, and mix well. Add chicken pieces and toss to coat.
Arrange chicken in a single layer, skin side up, on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet and bake until skin is crisp and chicken is cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes.