Cardamom Cookies with Frozen Yogurt and Mango
Cardamom, a sweet spice common in Indian cooking, makes these cookies special and delicious. Try sprinkling some into coffee grounds before brewing for a spiced cup of joe.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for working
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 pint frozen vanilla yogurt
- 1 medium mango, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on high until light and fluffy, 3 minutes. Add lemon zest, cardamom, and salt; beat until combined, scraping down bowl as needed. With mixer on low, add flour and mix until combined.
Form dough into ten 1 1/2-inch balls and place, 2 inches apart, on a parchment-lined baking sheet. With the bottom of a glass or measuring cup dipped in flour, gently flatten each ball. Bake until cookies are golden around edge, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely, then dust with confectioners' sugar.
Divide frozen yogurt among four bowls; top with mango and pistachios. Serve with cookies.