Under 30 Minutes
Thai Shrimp Stir-Fry
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound frozen large shrimp (peeled and deveined), thawed
- 1 bunch scallions, whites thinly sliced, green parts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup corn kernels, thawed if frozen
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
In a small pot, cook rice according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar until sugar dissolves. In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque throughout, 3 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a medium bowl and return pan to heat.
Add 1 teaspoon oil, scallion whites, bell pepper, and corn to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pepper is crisp-tender, 3 minutes. Add fish sauce mixture and coconut milk, bring to a simmer, and cook 1 minute. Return shrimp to pan, add scallion greens, and cook until shrimp is heated through, 1 minute. Top with basil and serve with rice and lime wedges.