Creamy Salsa Soup
Make this soup as mild or fiery as you like -- just choose the jarred salsa accordingly.
- Servings: 2
Photography: John Kernick
Source: Everyday Food, September 2011
- 1 corn tortilla, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Avocado, diced, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place tortilla on a baking sheet and bake until crisp and golden, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine salsa and chicken broth in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high. Transfer to a blender along with heavy cream and blend until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids); season with salt and pepper. Divide soup between two bowls and top with tortilla strips, avocado, and cilantro.