Linguine with Kale and Cod
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 ounces linguine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 cod fillet (4 to 6 ounces), skin removed
- 1/2 bunch kale, stems removed, leaves torn into 2-inch pieces
- Red-pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus wedge for serving
In a medium pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium. Pat cod dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper; cook until lightly browned and opaque throughout, about 8 minutes, flipping once. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil. Add 1/2 teaspoon oil and kale to pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook until kale begins to wilt, 2 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons water, cover, and cook until kale is tender, 6 minutes.
Drain pasta and add to pan with kale. Stir in pinch of red-pepper flakes and lemon zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Transfer to a bowl, drizzle with oil, and top with cod; serve with lemon wedge.
SourceEveryday Food, September 2011