Roasted Red Pepper Salad
Serve this flavorful salad alongside roasted chicken, polenta, or grilled steak.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: John Kernick
Source: Everyday Food, September 2011
- 4 medium red bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Fresh basil leaves, for serving
Heat broiler, with rack in top position. Place bell peppers on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Broil, turning occasionally, until charred on all sides and tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and let steam 20 minutes. Rub with paper towels to remove skin. Stem, seed, and cut each pepper lengthwise into 4 pieces.
Arrange peppers on a serving platter, drizzle with oil, and top with capers, olives, vinegar, and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with basil.