Fusilli with Chicken and Peppers
You can also refrigerate this dish, up to 3 days, and serve as a chilled pasta salad.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, September 2011
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound fusilli or other short, twisted pasta
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- 3 medium bell peppers (1 yellow, 2 orange), stemmed, seeded, and sliced into 3/4-inch strips
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Drain pasta and return to pot.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken until golden and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side, flipping once. Transfer to a plate and let rest 5 minutes. With two forks, shred chicken.
Wipe out skillet and heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high. Add bell peppers and onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are lightly browned and softened, about 15 minutes. Stir in parsley. Add vegetables and chicken to pasta. Toss, adding enough pasta water to coat pasta, and season with salt and pepper. To serve, drizzle with oil.