Mini Open-Faced Corned Beef Sandwiches
- 24 slices cocktail-size pumpernickel bread
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 8 ounces thinly-sliced corned beef
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 8 ounces sliced Swiss cheese, cut into 2-inch squares
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Place bread on baking sheet and toast in the oven until lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, and mustard until well combined. Spread each slice of bread with a thin layer of the mayonnaise mixture. Divide the corned beef among the bread, and top each with 2 teaspoons sauerkraut, followed by cheese slices. Transfer to oven and bake until cheese is melted and sandwiches are hot, about 10 minutes; serve warm.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2007