Under 30 Minutes
Roasted Wax Beans with Peanuts and Cilantro
Wax beans become tender and succulent when roasted in the oven. This side dish combines them with crunchy peanuts, peppery cilantro, and a flavorful Asian dressing.
- 1 pound wax beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss wax beans with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until browned in spots and tender, about 15 minutes, tossing halfway through. In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, ginger, lemon juice, and sugar. Add roasted beans, peanuts, and cilantro and toss to combine.
SourceEveryday Food, July/August 2010