Black Bean and Goat Cheese Quesadillas
One quesadilla per person is never quite enough, so this recipe makes an extra to share.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, September 2008
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained (1 1/2 cups)
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup corn kernels (from 2 ears of corn)
- 2 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 10 six-inch corn tortillas
Mash beans in a medium bowl until chunky. Add goat cheese, tomato, corn, scallions, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper, and stir until well combined.
Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Spread 1/2 cup bean mixture evenly over 1 tortilla, and top with another tortilla. Repeat with remaining bean mixture and tortillas.
Raise heat to medium-high. Grill quesadillas, 1 or 2 at a time, until grill marks appear and filling is hot, about 2 minutes per side. Cut into wedges and serve warm.