Smooth Tomato Gazpacho
A quick spin in the blender is all it takes to transform raw vegetables into a silky soup. Almonds add rich flavor and body.
- 2 pounds tomatoes (about 4), cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 ounces blanched almonds (scant 1/2 cup), toasted
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Puree tomatoes, cucumber, onion, garlic, almonds, water, vinegar, oil, and 2 1/4 teaspoons salt in a blender until smooth; season with pepper. Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes. Drizzle with oil, and season with salt and pepper just before serving.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, August 2011