Marinated Tuna with Baguette
The secret to this salad is using good-quality tuna. Look for brands that are packed in a jar with oil (we like Ortiz; wholefoods.com).
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
- Yield: Serves 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2011
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces brine-packed Picholine olives, drained (1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, leaves torn if large
- 2 jars (7.8 ounces each) oil-packed tuna, drained
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 baguette
Remove lemon zest in strips using a vegetable peeler, and slice lengthwise into thin strips; reserve lemon for another use.
Combine zest strips with oil, vinegar, onion, olives, and oregano in a shallow dish. Mix in tuna, and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Serve marinated tuna with baguette.