Sauteed Spinach and Tomatoes
This side dish pairs well with steamed or broiled tofu, steak, or pasta.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Con Poulos
Source: Everyday Food, May 2011
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 bunches spinach (1 1/2 pounds total), trimmed and washed
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely grated Pecorino Romano (4 ounces)
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add shallots and cook, stirring often, until soft and starting to brown, about 4 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook until tomato skins are split and shallots are golden brown, about 2 minutes.
Gradually add spinach, season with salt and pepper, and cook until tender, 3 minutes. To serve, sprinkle with Pecorino Romano.