Lemon Broiled Tempeh
This delicious and nutritious recipe comes from Donnie Yance, an herbalist, nutritionist, and author. With it he likes to serve Sauteed Cabbage. To maximize the healthfulness of this dish, use organic ingredients when possible.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December 2002
- 1 twelve-ounce tempeh, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 freshly squeezed lemons
- 1 freshly squeezed orange
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame-seed oil
- 2 tablespoons untoasted sesame-seed oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Crushed red-pepper flakes, to taste
Combine all ingredients in a glass baking dish, and marinate overnight.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Transfer ingredients to a shallow baking pan, and bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Finish by broiling for 5 minutes. Serve over short-grain brown rice.