Pico de Gallo with Plantain Chips
Tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice combine to make a fresh, flavorful pico de gallo perfect for serving with baked plantain chips or spooning over beans and rice.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, September 2010
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced medium (2 cups)
- 2/3 cup finely chopped red onion (from 1 small)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeno (optional), seeded and finely chopped
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Baked Plantain Chips, for serving
In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and jalapeno. Season with salt and pepper and serve with Baked Plantain Chips.