2 of 10
Jewelry boxes can be handy, but they can also turn your prettiest baubles into unsightly nests of knots.
Here a display-worthy organizing idea: If surface area in your bedroom is scarce, try a wall-mounted solution on for size. This jazzed-up shadow box, retrofitted with a variety of hooks and knobs, shelters delicate earrings and chains from possible entanglements while turning them into objets d'art. Small decorative bowls perched on the box's lower ledge corral rings, pins, and brooches and complete the charming trinket tableau.Jewelry Storage Box How-To
3 of 10
Make It a Piece of Art
Organizing need not involve shutting everything away. Some of your heels are works of art, so why not display them as such? Line the walls of a walk-in closet or a dressing area with picture-rail molding to make a tidy yet visually arresting display.
5 of 10
What may appear at first glance to be an unconventional armoire is actually a set of bookcases attached along one side. Opened, it's a compact, self-contained innovative crafts or office nook. Closed, it's far more decorative than any tidied-up desk, without the slightest hint of its contents.Bookcase Armoire How-To
6 of 10
Create Your Own Center
A organized entry can appear where a blank wall once existed. A bookcase becomes a storage unit when the piece is turned on its side. A cushion is added for extra seating. The bench has casters on the bottom so it can be moved easily. Hooks hung at varying heights against a graphic wallpaper just look ornamental when not in use.
8 of 10
Use Decor to Store
Corral items on open shelves using nice-looking containers. These baskets add warmth and texture to the room; the gray trays are simple and stylish. Add adhesive pads on the bottom so they slide smoothly.
10 of 10
Sort by Color
Organizing a library by color will not only help keep books tidy but can add visual punch to a room.
You Just Viewed
Keep Order StylishlyReplay
- Decorate with Brass
- All Scooped Up: The 10 Best Ways to Eat Ice Cream in Winter
- Board Games: Kevin Sharkey's Cheeseboard Picks
- Real Page-Turners: Our Favorite Bookshelf Organizing Ideas
- Our Food Editors' Food Resolutions
- Home Decor Inspired by Color
- Studio Visit: Purl Soho
- A Woodworking Couple's Labor of Love
- The Barest Simmer
- New Year's Heave: Our 2014 Organizing Resolutions
- From the Shar-chives: Kevin Sharkey’s Most Beloved Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Healthy and Delicious: Cooking with Whole Grains
- Make-Ahead Office Lunch: Five Days, Five Ways
- Brass Jewelry Projects: All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- A Blueprint for Color