Devil's Black Bean Salsa
This wickedly delicious salsa comprises an assortment of flavorful and festively hued ingredients: black beans, yellow corn, an orange mango, and a hot red pepper. For best results, let the salsa stand at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours before serving with Spicy Tortilla Chips.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for baking sheet
- 2 ears fresh corn, kernels shaved from the cob
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 fifteen-and-a-half-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 mango peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 hot red pepper, seeds and ribs removed, finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- Juice of 2 limes (about 5 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Brush baking sheet with oil. Spread corn on prepared baking sheet in an even layer; roast until kernels begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Place bell pepper on gas burner; roast until charred on all sides. Transfer to bowl; cover with plastic wrap. When cool, peel off charred skin with your fingers, and remove stem and seeds. Chop into 1/4-inch dice; place in large bowl.
Add corn, beans, the diced mango, hot red pepper, onion, lime juice, remaining oil, and the salt; toss to combine. Let rest at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
SourceMartha Stewart Living Television