Smoked Trout Brandade
Smoked whitefish can be easily substituted for the trout in this recipe.
- 8 ounces smoked boneless trout, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 9 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons bottled white horseradish
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ficelle, or baguette, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices, toasted
- 30 fresh-picked small chervil leaves, for garnish
Place trout, shallots, cream, horseradish, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor, and puree. Spread about 1/2 tablespoon trout puree onto each slice of toast. Garnish each slice with a small sprig of chervil, and serve immediately.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, September 1997