This recipe for spicy, refreshing Bloody Marys is a perfect accompaniment to eggs benedict or other brunch favorites.
- 4 cups tomato juice
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 heaping tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic, passed through a garlic press
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Unflavored vodka, to taste
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Celery sticks, for serving and munching
Place tomato juice in a large container with a tight-fitting lid. Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, garlic, pepper, and Tabasco; shake vigorously. Taste, and adjust for seasoning; the mixture should be quite spicy.
Pour 1 part vodka and 3 parts Bloody Mary mix over ice in a shaker. Shake well. Pour into glasses. Squeeze a wedge of lemon over drink (do not subsequently stir or shake drink), discard used wedge. Garnish with a large stick of celery (reserve extra stalks for munching) and a large lemon wedge.