Serve these spicy, brothy mussels with rice for a quick, satisfying weeknight meal.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Petrina Tinslay
Source: Everyday Food, June 2011
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger (from a 1 1/2-inch piece)
- 1 can (13 1/2 ounces) unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons green or yellow Thai curry paste
- 3 pounds mussels, rinsed and scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
In a large pot with a lid, melt butter over medium-high. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Whisk in coconut milk and curry paste and bring to a simmer over high. Add mussels and stir to combine. Cover and reduce heat to medium-high. Cook until mussels open, 5 minutes, stirring once. (Discard unopened mussels). Remove pot from heat and stir in lime juice and cilantro.