Of all the good reasons to make a from-scratch margarita, flavor is foremost.
- Yield: Makes 1
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2007
- 2 slices (1/4 inch thick) peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) silver tequila
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) Grand Marnier
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup small ice cubes
- 1/4 cup ginger beer
Crush ginger, mint, tequila, Grand Marnier, and lime juice in a glass with a wooden spoon. Add ice. Slowly pour in ginger beer, and serve.