Pickled Green Garlic
Use chef Bill Taibe's pickled baby garlic recipe in his Grilled Potato and Pickled Green Garlic Salad.
- Yield: Makes 2 cups
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon juniper berries
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 green garlic pieces, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
Place sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, juniper berries, mustard seeds, cardamom, ginger, fennel seed, coriander, and red pepper flakes in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat; cook until sugar has dissolved.
Place green garlic in a bowl; pour liquid over garlic and cover. Let stand until cooled.