- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chunky peach preserves
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Heinz chili sauce
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon coarse salt
In a large saucepan, combine tomatoes, sugar, 1/2 cup peach preserves, ketchup, chili sauce, both vinegars, molasses, and Worcestershire sauce, stirring after the addition of each ingredient to combine. Add chipotle powder and bring to a simmer over medium heat; simmer until flavors have blended and sauce has thickened slightly, about 30 minutes.
Remove sauce from heat and let cool slightly. Using an immersion or regular blender, puree sauce. Add remaining 1/4 cup peach preserves and season with salt. Let stand for 5 minutes and stir again. Let cool completely. Sauce may be kept refrigerated, in an airtight container, for up to 2 weeks.