Easy Pea Ravioli with Mint
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: John Kernick
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2006
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 1/4 cups shelled fresh or thawed frozen peas
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 40 wonton wrappers (3 1/2 inches each)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add shallot; cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic; cook until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Add peas, wine, 1 cup water, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt; season with pepper. Simmer until liquid has almost evaporated and peas are tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Puree pea mixture in a food processor. Brush edges of 10 wrappers with egg. Place 1 tablespoon puree in centers. Top with a dry wrapper; seal edges. Trim using a 3-inch round cutter. Repeat with remaining wrappers and puree.
Working in batches, cook ravioli in salted simmering water until they are soft and rise to the surface, about 2 minutes. Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat; add ravioli to skillet, and cook until butter is frothy and ravioli is coated, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with mint. Serve immediately (as a first course).